Monday, May 17, 2010

Good intentions and a decent base



So all last week was spent religiously watching the forecast hoping that Sunday would be nice enough to go for a ride, well it was. All of my hard work was rewarded by a ride on the Minnesota Valley Scenic Byway. My friend Doug, my brother Darin and I left town at 11:30 and boogied up to New Ulm to catch the byway and ride it back west. Then we went through Sleepy Eye, Cobden and Springfield on our way back home. All in all it was around 150 miles round trip. Not huge but a good time nonetheless (that's what she said). We stopped off at the bar in Searles for a burger and some beers which was a very good decision. The food was great and the beer was better. Of course anyplace that has Schells and Grain Belt on tap is aces with me. Up in that neck of the woods it's probably harder to find a place that doesn't have it though.
Before leaving that morning I made it a point to tell myself that I was going to take at least one picture along the way to put on here, I forgot. Maybe I was having too much fun to think about it or I've killed too many brain cells. Either way the thought was there and the intentions were good.
Even though I didn't get any pictures I did get a good base for my summertime coon eyes, and that's where it all begins.
Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Couple a Yrs ago my friend Daren and I went on the Schells brewery tour. Rode our bikes to New Ulm to do it of course. Twas a great ride.

Glad you got your ride and tap on.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Thinking about doing the Leinenkugels Brewery tour one of these days. Maybe not this year, but maybe. You should get ahold of me through face book or my blog has my e-mail. Would be cool to meet a fellow MN biker blogger.