Sunday, May 23, 2010

It may have been me.

On Wednesday I came down with a bit of a cold. Actually that's an understatement, it was a fucker of a cold. My head was plugged up, my throat was raw as hell and I couldn't sleep at night. Unfortunately another side affect of this cold was a dramatic lack of smell, which brings me to the purpose of this post.
About Wednesday night my wife started talking about an odor that she was noticing in the basement, not much else was said about it until today. Due to my lack of smell I hadn't noticed a thing but she hadn't forgotten about it. So before she went to work today she told me that the smell in the basement just had to be the batch of homemade wine that I was making. I told her that it was doubtful since it's only 1 gallon and that 1 gallon wouldn't smell up the whole basement. So while she was at work I figured lack of smell be damned I was going to find the culprit so I didn't have to get rid of my wine. I proceeded to move everything away from the walls, throw some shit away, sweep up the dust and dirt and still I couldn't figure out what the hell she was smelling. I almost started to think that it was my wine! Then I found it. On top of our freezer was a grocery sack that I had never noticed before. As soon as I opened it I knew what she was smelling. I don't think that there is a cold in the world that can keep the smell of rotting chicken breasts out of a persons nose. I wonder if they would have smelled better if the skin and the bones were still with them. It's hard to say which one of us put them up there but my guess is that it was me. I sometimes do things that I forget that I've done. Thank goodness I have a very understanding and forgiving wife.
So that's how I spent a perfectly good day that could've been spent riding. Hey but at least I get to keep my wine!

No comments: