Monday, December 5, 2011

Well, it's here.

Winter seems to have remembered where I live.
We finally got some snow over the weekend. I'm not opposed to snow. It's actually a nice change of pace from the drab dirty brown of the post fall beauty. It makes me appreciate the fact that I live in a state where we have so many different types of scenery and seasons. Well, we have the same amount of seasons as most of the world but it makes me appreciate them anyway.
Often times about 3 months into it I'll find myself wishing that I lived in Florida or Arizona or some other part of the world that doesn't experience the bittersweet chill of a Minnesota Winter. I think that's mainly because I miss riding my motorcycle or opening the windows on my house.
The snow I can deal with. It's the cold that really gets to me. I've lived in or around Minnesota all of my life so you'd think that I would be used to it by now. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I am not and never will be used to the cold. I will tolerate it because this is where I am from and I love it here. That does not mean that I have to like it though.
I guess that I will go and take the batteries out of the bikes this coming weekend and start planning out the winter modifications. That should give me something to do I suppose.
I hope that you all have a safe and warm Winter. Also here's to hoping that this winter isn't as long and as cold as the last few that we've had.
Enjoy the day!

No comments: