Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anticipation

So as I mentioned at the end of my previous post Algona is fast approaching. If none of you have ever been to the ABATE of Iowa Freedom Rally in Algona I highly recommend it. When I was younger and before I met my wife I used to frequent as many rallies as I could fit in. Over the years with age and responsibility the number has fallen considerably. Algona is one that I will never let go of though. The rally grounds are nice and well cared for. The people (for the most part) are respectful. The nudity and lewd behavior is the perfect amount. It's there if you want it but if your not into that sort of thing you can find places to get away from it.
There tends to be enough people to make the rally interesting and have the big rally feel while keeping everyone spread out enough to not make you feel like your camping on top of one another. There was however a group camping near us last year that was doing some interesting things after a few cocktails and none of us cared that they were camping close. We didn't even have to go to the main stage area for entertainment!
That's about all I have for an endorsement at this time. So in closing if you're looking for something to do over the fourth of July weekend and you want to have some adult biker fun head to the Freedom Rally in Algona. I've never had a bad time there!
If you go drop me line and let me know if you're going and what you think of it. LATER!

No comments: